Are you looking for new sofa bed ideas and inspiration that tick all your boxes? It’s harder than you may think. Our new house doesn’t have a spare room, so being miles from home meant that we needed a really good quality sofa bed in the hopes that lots of family and friends would come and visit us for a little holiday by the sea.
On our list of sofa bed must haves was:
- Good mattress
- Quick to set up and put down.
Here are my top sofa beds that we looked at and then finally the one that we chose – mainly because we are lazy and it takes seconds to set up!
- The Halston from an absolute fav of mine, made.com – Art Deco and fabulous.
- Opera from DFS – Classic and gorgeous.
- Kota at Habitat – funky and modern.
- Rhys from DFS – a stylish bit of mid century modern.
- The Carrick at sofa.com – pricey but perfect.
- The cloud from loaf.com – squishy and literally like sleeping on a cloud.
- Fling from DFS – the lazy girls sofa bed – exactly what I needed!
Sofa beds are a great space saving and practical solution to not having a spare room. You do need to be wary of cheap ones though because your forking out money on something that isn’t going to last and you will probably have to replace in a few years. I LOVE Ikea but we did buy a small, cheap sofa bed three years ago that everybody dreads sleeping on because of a chunk of wood that sticks in your back!
The Fling is great because it comes with a really thick, comfy mattress and you don’t need to remove cushions to set it up, you just pull a tab and the whole thing pops up, and it’s designed for regular use which is perfect for us.
So there you have it. Hopefully we get my family queuing at the door! Let me know in the comments below if you’re looking for the perfect sofa bed or if you have found yours and where you got it from, I’d love to see pics. xxx